As a High School Student
How to Join
- Apply for regular admission to the University of Maryland at College Park (UMD) or the University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC).
- If accepted, register for the Freshman Army courses, ARMY106 in the Fall and ARMY105 in the Spring.
- If accepted to UMGC, you must complete the Cross Enrollment Form to register for Army courses at UMD.
- You incur no service obligation to the Army by registering for these classes.
2, 3, and 4-Year Scholarships are available.
- Full Tuition and fees OR Room and Board
- Receive money for books annually
- Monthly stipend while attending class
- Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Army upon graduation
- Marketable leadership skills and experience
- US Citizen
- Between 17 and 26
- Cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Minimum of 920 (math/verbal) on the SAT or 19 (excluding the required writing test scores) on the ACT
- Meet physical fitness standards
- Agree to accept a commission
- Serve for four years on Active Duty or with the National Guard or Reserve.
Guaranteed Reserve Forces Duty:
- There are three GRFD scholarships; the GRFD-USAR (United States Army Reserve) 2 year scholarship, the GRFD-ARNG(Army National Guard) 2 year scholarship, and the Dedicated ARNG 3 year scholarship
- A Dedicated ARNG scholarship recipient must commission in the Army National Guard
- You must participate in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
- You cannot receive both a campus based scholarship and a GRFD scholarship
- If you have completed basic training you can use Montgomery GI Bill benefits