As a College Student
Register for the Freshman Army courses, ARMY106 in the Fall and/or ARMY105 in the Spring. You may enroll for ARMY105 in Spring without having taken ARMY106 in the Fall.
You incur no service obligation to the Army by registering for these classes.
You have options:
- If you are enrolling for the Fall semester, you can accelerate the basic course and take both Freshman and Sophomore Army courses. This requires ROTC department approval
- If you are enrolling for the spring semester, you can register for Army classes as an introduction to the program, but you will have to attend Cadet Initial Entry Training (CIET) over the summer, or Basic Training
You incur no service obligation to the Army by registering for these classes; however, you must enlist in the US Army to enter Basic Training
You have 3 options:
- You can attend Cadet Initial Entry Training (CIET) or Basic Training before you begin your junior year / graduate study and then register for the Junior Army courses, ARMY301 in the Fall and ARMY302 in the Spring
- Alternate Entry Option. You contractually agree to attend Cadet Initial Entry Training (CIET) after your Junior year and the Cadet Leader Course (CLC) after your Senior year. You will register for the Junior Army courses, ARMY301 in the Fall and ARMY302 in the Spring, your Junior year
- Placement Credit. Qualified individuals can use experience and prior training as credit towards the army basic (freshman and sophomore) courses
You must contract during your Junior year
Seniors may take the Freshman and/or Sophomore Army courses as an introduction to the program, with the intention of completing the Advanced Course (ARMY300 and 400 classes) while pursuing a graduate degree at UMCP.
For more information contact the UMCP ROTC recruiter.
If you are enrolled at the University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) and you would like to participate in the University of Maryland (UMD) Army ROTC program you will need to fill out a Cross Enrollment Form. All other aspects for enrolling that apply to UMD students apply to UMGC students.
Cross Enrollment Form*
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) Students are welcome to participate in the UMD ROTC Program. You must contact Inter-institutional Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org / 301-314-8254 at UMD to turn in the appropriate forms as well as have the appropriate documentation from UMGC.
The University of Maryland: College Park requires:
- A Letter of Verification of Enrollment from your home institution.
- Documentation of your permission to enroll at this institution.
- UMD Official Transcript Request Form
- Cross Enrollment Form (PDF)
*ROTC Scholarship Applicants, Green to Gold Active Duty Option applicants and Green to Gold Scholarship Option applicants are not eligible for cross-enrollment.